Follow Me!

Sunday, September 4, 2011

My Makeup Organization/Storage & Ideas


When I first started accumulating my makeup collection I quickly ran out of space in my bathroom. I eventually had to take over our guest room in our apartment in order to have everything set up properly! In this video you will notice that most of the storage items I use are all just office supplies and I purchased them from office supply stores! There really aren't many companies that make actual storage for makeup. There are some acrylic type things that you can find at Walmart, but they are actually pretty pricey since they are specifically for makeup. I did a lot of research on youtube and a ton of people show their makeup collections and how they store them. I got SO many great ideas from them and used a lot of them for my own makeup storage system. Hopefully watching my video will help do the same thing for you if you are looking to find new ways to keep your makeup.

I also found that there are a ton of ways to display your makeup so that it looks like you take pride in your makeup and hold it to high standards! A lot of people put a lot of money into their makeup collections, so I think they should display them in a way that shows how beautiful and honorable their makeup is :) For instance, instead of putting all your brushes in a cup, I bought small glass candle jars from Walmart for $2.50 and put in crushed shells for a filler. That filler helps keep your brushes stay straight up and makes it easy for you to see where each brush is when it comes to choosing time.

My lipstick center is my favorite part and is made of 4 square acrylic containers found in the kitchen center of Home Goods. I put them all together and tied a pretty ribbon around them and Voila! It made for a fabulous lipstick/lip gloss holder! The lids also served as dishes inside my drawers for small items. I was totally amazed at the amount of things you can find to create new storage ideas. The lipstick holder I bought off Amazon. Storing your stuff should be fun, not boring. It should reflect a side of who you are and be easy to use.

If you're in a rut or need some storage ideas, I suggest searching around youtube for some inspiration or flipping through some design magazines for things that may not particularly be used for makeup, but using your imagination you can see it working and working well!

If you guys have any suggestions please comment below!! I am always looking for new ways to store my things and other DIY projects.
For instance, here is one of my favorite YT Gurus with a great DIY storage idea: CLICK HERE



Thanks so much for stopping by!!!!
 Amanda

                     
 Wanna see what else I'm up to?

*Watch My Videos on YouTube! http://www.youtube.com/Hapamanda

*My Beauty Loop on Twitter!! https://twitter.com/hapamanda

*My Beauty Blog! http://hapamanda.blogspot.com

*Facebook page! https://www.facebook.com/Like.Hapamanda

*Are you looking for new makeup brushes?
        Checkout Crown Brush! 
                 Click --> 



No comments:

Post a Comment