Follow Me!

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

My First Time At Sephora!

OMG. That's all I have to say. I have always steered very clear of Sephora at my local Mall because I just know it will lead to extreme financial damage :p I went anyways because my Mom was watching the girls for a bit. It was like makeup HEAVEN. The mall was pretty dead for a Monday but Sephora was rockin'!! There were so many people in there and the customer service was still amazing. I think I had at least 3 people come up to me and ask if they could help me and one gave me a basket to put my stuff in! Total surprise. I also chatted with one of the makeup artists who so kindly poured samples of the Smashbox Primers for me to test out before I bought the entire tube (so awesome!!).

So I'm sure you're wondering what I ended up getting....Well, after almost 2 hours of walking around the store 5 times with my jaw to the floor I picked up the full size of the Urban Decay Primer Potion. I knew I wanted to get this before I went in because I've never seen a negative review on it and I didn't find it any cheaper online. I totally love it. It keeps my eyeshadow on all day, no creasing and no fading. sThe only thing is that the new packaging does not have the wand applicator which I think I kind of liked better? It has the squeeze tip, but it has 10% more product in it. At any rate, still a great buy!!
 After that I hovered around the Urband Decay section of the store for a while holding the ultra popular "Naked" eyeshadow palette. I also saw their newer 15th Anniversary eyeshadow palette that everyone has been raving about. WHAT TO DO??? So, I went on facebook and the only feedback I got was to get both! lol. Yeah right. Which one of my kids should I sell to get both? Jk :) The 15th Anniversary one is $55 and the Naked Palette is $48. So, since the 15th Anniversary one is a Limited Edition and the Naked Palette doesn't seem to be going anywhere, I went for the 15th. WOW-EEE. It is so beautiful. I am so glad that I got that one because it still has plenty of neutral shades that I wanted in the Naked Palette, but it also has Smokey shades and Bright colors. It was the best of all eyeshadow worlds!! Not to mention it also acts as a jewelry box with a hidden compartment when you're done using it! (I wonder how long it will take me to use it all up???) So, I rationalized that in order to buy it because I was getting more than just an eyeshadow palette :p hahaha.
(pics provided by Karlasugar.net).

So, I have to say, my first trip to Sephora was A-M-A-Z-I-N-G. I really love that you can try on ANY product and I hear they have a fabulous return policy. I could spend hours in there for sure and I think that is going to be my new getaway place for when I have to get out of the house and don't know where to go!!!

Thanks Sephora!



Thanks so much for stopping by!!!!
 Amanda

                     
 Wanna see what else I'm up to?

*Watch My Videos on YouTube! http://www.youtube.com/Hapamanda

*My Beauty Loop on Twitter!! https://twitter.com/hapamanda

*My Beauty Blog! http://hapamanda.blogspot.com

*Facebook page! https://www.facebook.com/Like.Hapamanda

*Are you looking for new makeup brushes?
        Checkout Crown Brush! 
                 Click --> 



No comments:

Post a Comment