Follow Me!

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Ipsy Bag February 2013 Tutorial Video and Product Info!

Here is the YouTube Tutorial Video 
Using all the February Ipsy Products!

Hey guys! I know I keep putting in the (Formerly MyGlam) in all my titles and videos, but for some reason I always think that people might not know what I'm talking about lol. But, with that being said, here is the Ipsy Bag for February! Now this is just my unveiling and first impressions, but I always use the items for a few days and update my thoughts on here as well as film a YouTube review. I just really want to get the items out there and to get any feedback you might already have about any of these problems :) I will insert pics and descriptions from the Ipsy website, but will also put my thoughts and reviews after each item.
So, without further adieu....Here is the February Bag!

The theme for this month's bag is: Get Red Carpet Ready




 The bag is a rectangular black patent leather zip up pouch. It is red inside with the Ipsy logo. It's a nice size to throw in your purse, however I tend to steer away from dark colored makeup bags because they are so hard to find in my bottomless pit of a purse :p lol


Below are all the items in the bag!

Pixi

Flawless & Poreless

The Pixi Flawless & Poreless primer creates a beautiful no-shine finish for flawless, long-lasting makeup application. This shine controlling, oil-free primer smooths out fine lines and hydrates while making pores instantly disappear. It is the perfect skin primer for all complexions and all skin types. 

Beneficial Ingredients and what they do:
• Willow Bark gives natural shine control
• Salicylic Acid clears and unblocks pores
• Shea Butter to nourish the skin
• Titanium Dioxide protects the skin's surface
• Enantia Chlorantha bark is medicinal & anti-viral 
Get 20% Off with code: IPSYPIXI
As you can see it goes on a light beige color, but once rubbed in it is very sheer and blends beautifully. I have been looking for a primer that would help decrease my pore size, so I am excited to give this one a little more of a try!


Next up is something that I wish I would have patented a long time ago! LOL
I have been making my own lash cards forever by reusing old postcards (even those from Ipsy!) and cutting out the half moon shape. It kept mascara from smearing on your upper lid and it was FREE! These ones retail for $6.99/10 cards! I think I will stick to my home made ones, but at least I didn't pay $6.99 for these :)
Here is the description in case you haven't heard of them:

Lash Card

The Lash Card

Apply your mascara perfectly with the Lash Card! Say goodbye to smudging, clumping, and messy mascara application. The Lash Card has two curves on each side that fit a variety of eye shapes, making it easy to get those hard-to-reach lashes. Each Lash Card is individually wrapped for on-the-go application. 

Application:
Open the package and find the curve that best fits your eye shape. Curl your lashes. Hold the Lash Card behind the lashes and lift your lashes onto the card. Apply mascara normally, making sure to firmly brush the lashes against the card.


You can Buy 2, get 1 Free using code: IPSY22 on their website: lashcard.com
OR you can make your own Buy Zero and get as many as you want for free (Hehehe)


POP Beauty

Smokey Lash Kapow Mascara

This lash-POP-ing mascara makes lashes plump, long and lusciously flirty! Smudge proof formula adds volume while curling lashes up and out for a look that truly POPs your peepers! 



POP your skills:
1. Curl lashes as close to the root as possible.
2. Jiggle the wand from the root to the middle of the lash.
3. Repeat twice, wait a few seconds in-between, letting each layer dry.
4. Jiggle 3rd layer all the way to the tip of the lashes.
5. To reach small and stray lashes – turn the brush vertically and apply.

Upon first look, it doesn't come onto the wand clumpy or dry. It seems like this could be very buildable, but I will keep you posted :)



MicaBeauty

Gel Eyeliner

Define eyes and apply eyeliner like a pro with the MicaBeauty Gel Eyeliner! This smooth, highly pigmented gel eyeliner glides over the lid evenly and dries quickly for a long-wearing, smudge-proof finish. Comes in 5 other highly pigmented shades. 
I have yet to test this out, but have seen other people's reviews and it looks really creamy :)




 Coastal Scents

Shadow Palette Sample

Coastal Scents Shadow Palette Samples are an ideal way to try these highly pigmented, stunning shadows. These miniature-sized samples contain four hand-selected shades by ipsy, making it easy to create a variety of looks. Wear these pressed powders dry or wet for a more intense, dramatic look. Each palette's colors are labeled with the corresponding Hot Pot name, making it easy to repurchase your favorite shades individually, or in a palette collection like the 252 Ultimate Eye Shadow Palette. 
25% off with code: IPSY25 coastalscents.com

I've received a few of these little samples from CS and I usually don't "grab" for them. Kandee did a great tutorial using them (using the entire bag actually), so I just might crack this one open and see what I can do :) I'll post pics if I find any amazing looks out of it!





Check out all the most recent sales and codes on my side bars! I update them frequently!


Hugs & Love!
 Amanda


♥♥ Here's where you can find me! Come say hi ♥♥
Watch My Videos on YouTube! http://www.youtube.com/Hapamanda 
My Beauty Loop on Twitter!! https://twitter.com/hapamanda 
Follow Me on Pinterest
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

FTC: Unless stated otherwise; I purchased everything shown myself and I am not affiliated with any companies. Everything is 100% honest.

No comments:

Post a Comment